COME LEARN AN ART AND A LIFESTYLE
Pro Shape course by Abílio Pinto
PRICE: € 690 (The course has a pre-registration / reservation fee of 70 € which will be deducted from the final price).
Warning: Last items in stock!
In this course you will learn to shape a surfboard.
All surfboard shape phases will be made by you with the supervision and correction of the Master Shaper Abílio Pinto.
• Knowledge and description of the materials needed to make a board;
• Talk about the type of board that we’ll going to shape: size, tails, curvatures (rocker), rails and concaves;
• Choice of the blank, application of the measures, outline creation, PU blank cutting;
• Shape with electric planer, preparing the rails, measure confirmation and shape finishing;
• Laminating with fiber glass and resin in 3 phases: one layer at the bottom and two layers on the top of the board;
• Placing Plugs and the leash cup;
• Finishing (which passes through three stages of grinding) so that the board be perfect (glassing).
Duration of the course
• 4 consecutive days or two weekends (6 hours per day).
Number of trainees
• Maximum 2 per course.
• Upon availability of the trainee(s), the dates will be defined and agreed between the Shaper Abílio Pinto and the trainee(s).
• Madeira Island or Porto City.
• € 690 (The course has a pre-registration / reservation fee of 70 € which will be deducted from the final price).
• If the trainee(s) wants to keep the board, it will have an additional cost of € 350 (The board will be customized to the trainee).
Included in the course:
• Transfer to the course site and, if possible, a surf session to relax (if there are good waves).
Not included in price:
• Travel and remaining meals: lunch - 6 € / dinner - 10 € (indicative prices).
This course was validated by the Instituto Português de Desporto e Juventude awarding 10 Credit Units for the surf coaches continuing training.
Description of the Training Action:
Designation: Introdução e técnicas avançadas de design e construção de pranchas de surf (Introduction and advanced techniques of design and construction of surfboards)
Start date: 04/21/2017
Number of assigned credit units: 10
Continuous Training (Coaches)
Training Component (s): General / Specific
Modality (s) and their respective degree (s):
Bodyboard: I / II / III / IV
Adapted Sport: I / II / III / IV
Surf: I / II / III / IV
Surfing: I / II / III / IV